Winter Maintenance 2021 - Session 1 (Oct-Dec) - What you need to know
Some of the City of Surrey guidelines have changed since we last swam at SSLC. Here’s what you need to know for Winter Maintenance:
- Vaccine cards for swimmers not needed: Swimmers do not need vaccine cards to enter the pool.
- Masks: Masks continue to be required indoors when swimmers are not in the water.
- * Facility entrance card required: The City of Surrey will be issuing pool passes for each registered swimmer to enter the facility. These will be distributed at the first practice. If you are afraid that your swimmer may lose theirs, you can hole punch the card and attached it to a key chain on their swim bag.
- Dropoff time: We appreciate swimmers coming on time for practice, as latecomers add disruption to the practice. Please do not dropoff of swimmers more than 5 minutes before practice start time as we can’t have them on deck before then.
- Changerooms and washrooms open: Changerooms and washrooms are now open! We continue to recommend swimmers come swim ready, and use the washroom at home before practice, to help the practice run more smoothly.
- Entrance: We are now able to use the regular lobby entrance to the pool. Woot woot!
- Parents access: Parents are not allowed on deck, but may walk swimmers to the lobby / changerooms to drop off, and meet swimmers in the lobby / changerooms to pickup. If parents want to watch practice from the lobby or viewing deck, you may be required to present your vaccine card and photo ID by pool staff.
- Daily screening and attendance: Daily screening before practice is still required at this time; please continue to screen swimmers in TeamSnap and keep them home if they have any symptoms. Please also mark attendance in TeamSnap too.
- Equipment: Please ensure swimmers bring their equipment, including fins. New swimmers can talk to the coaches on their first day to for what they need.
Note, all guidelines are subject to change based on the latest PHO.
If you have not yet registered, there is still space!