Assistant Coach Position
The Cloverdale Tritons Swim Club is currently accepting application for an Assistant Coach position for the 2021 summer swim season.
The Tritons are part of the BC Summer Swimming Association operating in an outdoor pool within the Fraser Valley Region. We are a non-profit, competitive summer swim club that runs from May until the middle of August. We are a family-oriented club that was growing in size in successive years prior to the 2020 summer.
Our swimmers range in age from 7 to 19 ranging in ability from beginner to provincial medallists. Our coaching staff again this year is being led by Sidney Klassen, a long standing BCSSA coach, mentor, and leader.
• Tasked with coaching one of the six training groups the Tritons are operating this 2021 season
• Implementing a seasonal plan in consultation with the Head Coach following a skill-focused model of training and development
• Working in a team environment to enhance the effectiveness of our Coaching Staff and overall experience of our young athletes
• Daily coaching sessions at our 6 lane, outdoor facility in the heart of Cloverdale
• Foster and create a fun, but competitive environment for the young athletes you are tasked with coaching
• Bronze Cross or recognized equivalent life-saving certification
• Previous experience as an athlete either with BCSSA or with Swim Canada
• Volunteer coaching experience in a swimming environment
• NCCP Level 1 or higher certification (for coaches that return with us we assist with funding towards their certifications)
• NLS certification
• Previous coaching experience
All of our coaches are required to perform a Criminal Records Check in order to be employed with our club. Your compensation will be based on your experience and in line with our current coaching structure.
Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to Jason Meyer, VP – Technical Director at email@example.com. Posting listed until position filled.