What You Need to Know - Fall Maintenance 2020
Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex : 16555 Fraser Hwy #100, Surrey, BC V4N 0E9
Dropoff and Pickup
Swimmer entrance: To separate swimmers from the general public, the swimmer entrance is the building. There is When entering the parking lot, turn right to the end and follow the lane to the back parking lot at the far right of the building.
Dropoff: The coaches will meet the swimmers in the parking lot.
- There maybe many cars trying to park in the area. For everyone’s safety, the city requires parents to PARK and walk your swimmers to their coaches at dropoff.
- DO NOT BE LATE. At practice start time SSLC staff will be escorting the group of swimmers inside the building and the door will be locked behind them. There will be no late entries into the pool. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We encourage swimmers to come to practice , or even better, attend the optional dryland before practice. More details on that below ☺
Pickup: Please park and pickup your swimmers at Door 2, which is a 2-3 minute walk past the white gate. As there is no lobby at this part of the pool,
We invite swimmers to attend optional outdoor dryland 20 minutes before practice. If practice start time is 645pm, dryland start time is 625pm. Warm up those muscles and get ready to hit the water! Please keep the weather in mind though, and dress appropriately.
- Daily self-assessment (google form): All swimmers are required to do a self-assessment , and self-assessments need to be completed BEFORE 4pm:
- Masks: masks are mandatory along with social distancing.
- Shoes: When inside the building, swimmers will walk barefoot to the pool. Since SSLC staff will be escorting the team in and out of the building, swimmers are encouraged to wear slip on shoes to keep this process efficient.
- Changing: There is no access to the change rooms or public washrooms. Swimmers must .
- Washrooms: The swimmer washroom is in a “dry zone”. Swimmers will need to completely dry off, and ask the lifeguard in the guard office to take them to the private, locked washroom for club athletes only. Lifeguards will only take one swimmer at a time. We encourage swimmers to use the washroom at home before practice, and if they need to go during practice, to keep in mind it will take several minutes before they can use it.
- Equipment – Please label all equipment and water bottles. No sharing of equipment.
- No spectators – Only swimmers and coaches are allowed to enter the building.
Any questions, please contact Head Coach Sidney at email@example.com. THANK YOU!
The document IMPORTANT__Dropoff_update.pdf was attached to this post.